If you need customization on your reports or need more complex templates, please refer to our Custom Services. Powerful and easy-to-use Trading Journal Excel Template built for day traders. Every trade gets an entry in your journal, and it gets entered as quickly as possible after each trade. It’s best to keep your journal current; otherwise you might build up a backlog of trades and it’ll be a struggle to remember why you entered or exited each one. Content on epicctrader.com is for informational purposes only.
I’ve color-keyed each cell to show what you need to enter and what is calculated for you. As someone who has been trading for over 10-years, I have to say that this is the best value for money trading spreadsheet I’ve come across. Excel has the Data Power, Data Visualization, Customization, Advanced Features and Coding capabilities necessary to “Bring Your Trades to Life”.
Trading Journal Template – Weekly & Monthly Dashboard:
This will affect the metadata analytics and broker call tracker sections as mentioned above. The Trading Journal Spreadsheet began in 2005 as a way to track my own personal trading progress. By early 2007, I had shared what I created with a handful of other trading cohorts. They all loved it, and more importantly, they benefited from the analysis it provided, and were adamant that it should be available to other aspiring traders. Trading contains substantial risk and is not for every investor. An investor could potentially lose all or more than the initial investment.
However, this may need some customization for your specific needs. Take a look at our custom development service in case you need it. Here you can see the weekly/monthly performance of your transactions. You can make the selection from the top section (multiple selections allowed).
Tradervue Trading Journal Basic
The Trading Journal Spreadsheet is the standout tool in trade tracking and analysis. You have developed the best trade tracking tool and I’m confident that traders looking to increase their performance and forecasting should use TJS. Daniel created epicctrader.com to help new and experienced traders level up.
- Trading contains substantial risk and is not for every investor.
- We have put some dummy data, please don’t forget to replace them with your own.
- New days and filters will appear as you add new data to the Raw Data section.
- Carolyn has more than 20 years of writing and editing experience at major media outlets including NerdWallet, the Los Angeles Times and the San Jose Mercury News.
- By early 2007, I had shared what I created with a handful of other trading cohorts.
- I’m a trader, but I don’t give financial advice and this site is not financial advice.
In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk, and no hypothetical trading record can completely account for the impact of financial risk of actual trading. Testimonials appearing on this website may not be representative of other clients or customers and is not a guarantee of future performance or success. Finally, you can also manage the Entry Time calculation here. Furthermore, you can define intervals for different categories in this trading journal Excel template.
Providing expert trading analysis
Here is the dashboard of the trading journal where you see the overall performance of your logs. The Cumulative Net Profit / Loss chart will give you a good idea about your decisions in the long term. Blain Reinkensmeyer (founder of StockTrader.com) has more than 20 years of trading experience with over 2,500 trades placed during that time.
- You have developed the best trade tracking tool and I’m confident that traders looking to increase their performance and forecasting should use TJS.
- So if your Date field in the Raw Data section also consists of Time data, the tool will automatically calculate and reflect it to the Metadata Analytics report.
- Need trading journal templates to help you improve your trading?
- It helps to track the development and makes it easy to decide on the next move.
- As someone who has been trading for over 10-years, I have to say that this is the best value for money trading spreadsheet I’ve come across.
Carolyn has more than 20 years of writing and editing experience at major media outlets including NerdWallet, the Los Angeles Times and the San Jose Mercury News. Traders just can’t stop talking about the Trading Journal Spreadsheet. A few words from some of the happy TJS users around the globe. Each time you open the file, you’ll be greeted by the Home Menu asking, “where would you like to go?